Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quad workout early morning 12/06/2012


So I wasn't able to sleep last night, been having a lot of trouble with my sleeping pattern last few months, so the last couple weeks I've said once the clock passes about 5am I make a decision sleep and not wake until late afternoon or get out of bed start prepping for the gym and get there before it opens and stay awake all day so I get to sleep the next night. Today I elected to hit the gym, tortured my quads, although I was planning on focusing on hamstrings but when I started into squats today my hams weren't really feeling it felt a bit tight and not up for a hardcore workout... luckily my quads were practically screaming at me "train me train me".

Before I talk about the workout itself I just want to talk about the little ritual I noticed I have for these sleep deprived earlies. I walk down to town center absolutely pumped for training pass the gym to go to the shop on the main street and I buy lucozade, banana's and water then I knock back my pre-workout and get down and hit it hard. Right now the actual workout


The Workout
Squats(with powerlifting bar 27.5kg won't bend until about 900lbs)
Set number 
  1. 67.5kg (150lbs) - 20 reps
  2. 87.5kg (195lbs) - 15 reps
  3. "               "                 "
  4. 127.5kg (280lbs) - 12 reps
  5. 157.5kg (345lbs) - 8 reps
Leg press(from 2nd set I used knee wrap )
Set number
  1. 160kg (350lbs) - 20 reps
  2. 260kg (570lbs) - 15 reps
  3. 280kg (615lbs) - 12 reps
  4. 320kg (705lbs) - 9 reps
  5. 350kg (770lbs) - 10 reps(5mins rest between set 4-5)
Leg extension(did alot of sets on this changing sets and techniques alot throughout and weight if rough because machine has numbers instead of weight)
Set number
  1. 40kg (90lbs) - straight set 20 reps
  2. 60kg (135lbs) - ss 15 reps
  3. 80kg (180lbs) - ss 15 reps
  4. 30kg (75lbs) - one leg 25 reps each leg
  5. "                 "                  "                   "
  6. 30kg (75lbs) - 28s(7reps bottom part of the movement + 7 reps top + 7 full slow 8 second each rep + 7 regular full range movement)
  7. "                 "                  "                   "
  8. 30kg (75lbs) - one leg 15 reps each leg slow squeeze
Walking lunges in studio with 40kg(90lbs) barbell
1 continuous set to failure (about 20 reps each leg) then drop the bar and continue to failure (12 reps each leg) wall lean and and hold squat fail(25seconds max)

You may notice no warm-up/cool-down, this is because I walk to and from the gym so I use the walk, I don't see a need to burn excess calories on cardio equipment when you're tryna' get SWOLL, also I only stretch after training/occasionally during (going to do a short article on my views on stretching soon so I'll edit in a link here when I do so you understand why)

It was INTENSE my quads will hate me in about 32 hours :O

I only got 2 pics and they were of the 770lbs leg press, I was on my own in the gym so I didn't have anyone to video/photog me, but hopefully next work out someone will be awake and ready to train insane in the am..

Going to spend the rest of the day eating and hanging out with my wonderful girlfriend Ally(follow her on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/AllysonBamBam) who told me she will show me how to make lasange then I will eat it all muahahaha leg day hunger pains...

Anyway...

GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
MATT BLAZE OUT!!

No comments: