Monday, June 11, 2012

So this is the first entry to my new blog, I think the best thing to do is give a bit of background on myself.

First off my name full name is Matthew Christopher Blaze Mac Conuladh, Blaze is my confirmation name(for those outside of Ireland seems to bigger here than most places, confirmation is a religious ceremony for the catholic church to confirm you as an adult basically and pick a saints name to add to yours, but just to put it out there I'm not even a little bit religious, I consider myself an agnostic no big deal just don't see much evidence) Blaze just sounds awesome and because most people can't say Mac Conuladh I'm choosing to use the name Matt Blaze for this blog and for my bodybuilding career(that I will be kicking off very soon ;))

I'm 20 years old 5"9(and 1/2) 190lbs with about 10/11% body fat, my 1 rep max lifts on the big 3 are as follows

Bench - 297lbs (135kg)
Squat - 440lbs (200kg)
Deadlift - 517lbs (235kgs)

All were done with a spotter(excluding deadlift obviously) I used wrist straps and a weight belt on deadlift, knee wraps and belt on squat and elbow wraps on bench. I know some people will count me down for using the supports, but I have a few potential injuries I don't want becoming full injuries and really anyone not using a belt on a 1 rep max deadlift is either a complete beast who won't have any back strain and i tip my hat to you or a complete idiot willing to not train properly for 2 weeks with the messed up lower back. I'd consider some powerlifting competitions just for fun but I wanna get my lifts up 1,254lbs isn't the best competition number I think I could get if I can work up to about 1,500lbs I'll do it.

I'm a personal trainer getting my shit together to start my business officially, once I get it up and running and set up my website I will put a link up here and I might do some kind of deal or discount for readers of this blog(if you are all very nice ;)) My specialty is weight training and gaining weight, when I first started hitting the weights 4-5 years ago I was only about 115lbs so far thats 75lbs gained only about another 110lbs to go -.- (I'll try get some embarrassing pics of me at that weight to compare with my current pics) Even though I specialize in weight gain I also do have a lot of experience with helping people drop the weight through proper diet and regular exercise.

My own goals right now are to hopefully get on another 15-25lbs then cut my body fat down to 5-4% for either the NABBA Mr.Ireland Junior division in October followed by the RIBBF nationals which is around the same time, or the 2013 April RIBBF spring classic after a solid winter bulk, I will be keeping anyone reading this updated on my plans as I go.

I will also regularly blog about what ever bodybuilding news comes my way that I feel would be an interesting read, this weekend the 16th of June the NABBA WORLD BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS are coming to Dublin, I will be there supporting the Irish competitors hopefully snap a few pics of the show and I'll put up my thoughts on the results of the show.

Thats it for my first post, about to go eat a shit load of food after chest and tricep today(no major lifts to report went to a new gym that was great but the dumbbells only went to 30kg, I warmed up on incline with those not noticing there was nothing heavier -.-)


 "woooooah, that was light..." love it

GO HARD OR GO HOME!
Matt Blaze out.. 


3 comments:

Jacob Martin said...

Nice blog..........really good Halodrol, Buy Halodrol, Halodrol Reviews

protein tozu said...

Thanks for your continued sharing of Arnolds info and images.. Great stuff!

Alex said...

thanks for this post which is good for all Bodybuilding Athletes